About the Sheriff


Criminal Investigations




Contact Us


Frequently Asked Questions


These questions are just a few of the most common questions received. If you have a question which is not answered here, please feel free to send an email to the address on the contact page.


Is the Cheatham County Sheriff's Department currently hiring, and how can I obtain an application?

  The Sheriff's Department fills each open position as they become available. You can call the Sheriff's Office at 615-792-4341 to inquire about specific openings.

How do I become a police officer/deputy sheriff with the Cheatham County Sheriff's Department?

Currently due to budget constraints The Cheatham County Sheriff's Department does not offer training to become a certified officer. Openings for certified deputies are filled with applicants who have previously held a Tennessee P.O.S.T. certification, and are eligible to have the certification re-activated, or applicants who have successfully completed a Tennessee P.O.S.T. accredited academy.

The Sheriff’s Department does offer training for officers in the Jail which consist of both on the job training and a “Basic Corrections officer school.” No specialized training is needed for consideration for employment as a corrections officer; however previous correctional experience is preferred.  Several officers who have completed an academy have begun working as a corrections officer in the jail. While there is no guarantee that a person who is qualified to be a certified deputy will be hired from the jail, it is a good learning experience, and allows the officer to become more familiar with the policies and procedures of the Sheriff’s Department.

How do I obtain a copy of a report?

Copies of reports can be obtained by visiting the Sheriff’s Office which is located in the Cheatham County Courthouse. If you have the case number please bring that with you to assist the administrative staff in locating the report in a timely manner. Also when requesting please specify what type of report this would be i.e. incident such as assault or burglary, or a motor vehicle crash.

How do I pay a citation or request a new court date. I was issued a citation and have lost my copy and do not remember the court date set?

These issues can be handled through the Cheatham County General Sessions Court Clerk’s office. You may call them at 615-792-4866.

I collect/trade patches, how can I obtain one from the Cheatham County Sheriff’s Department?

Due to budget constraints we are limited to the number of patches purchased, and as a result we are unable to fulfill request for patches.










This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editorposition